Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sore!

Yesterday morning I did something I rarely do willingly - I got out of bed at 5:30 am. The second my alarm clock went off I remembered why I haven't made a habit of doing so. But going back to sleep was not an option at that point because I had arranged to pick up my dad a 6 am for the 5K we were participating in, and knew he would be waiting for me.

It was beautiful out, and I had the rare opportunity to enjoy the fresh air of a peaceful summer morning before the business (and HEAT!) of the day set in. Neither my dad or I are big on running, but we kept up a pretty quick pace with our brisk walk.

The course was really lovely, running along the Jordan River Parkway. That's the way to start a day! I told my dad we ought to do it every Saturday morning! Unfortunately, my brother already has dibs on my dad for Saturday mornings for basketball.

It doesn't matter, though, because that was yesterday. The early mornings are great, but waking up this sore the next day is not. I can't believe how beat up my body feels after a little walk!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Your legs are definitely longer than mine if you can stay walking AND keep up with him. I have to RUN half the time.

A cool Utah morning sounds so good, by the way. I got up at 5:30 this morning and it was already 87 degrees outside. I think our overnight low was 86.

Michelle said...

What a great activity for the early morning!