Friday, June 20, 2008

Garden

Our new little garden is officially up and running! The kids and I have been having fun selecting plants to put in the garden, and I just finished planting several varieties of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini squash, and strawberries. We also are going to plant carrots, corn, and pumpkins.

I wonder if anything will actually grow. It's been a long time since I've done any gardening, so I feel a little out of my league. Still, I am excited. The girls are really looking forward to tending to their own little garden. They LOVE fresh fruits and veggies, so it'll be such a treat for them to grow their very own!

I just wonder if we'll actually get to enjoy the harvest or if we will be in the new house by then. Perhaps I should write it into the contract when we sell - we retain ownership of this year's bounty! On second thought, if someone buys the house at the right time and for the right price, I just might be willing to throw in the veggies!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I am still waiting for pictures of your new yard!

Krista said...

Congrats on the garden! I've never planted one, I don't know why, but they intimidate me. You will have to let me know just how much work it is to keep it alive. I struggle keeping my flowers alive during the summer.

Katy said...

You're braver than I, actually. Flowers are what intimidate me. :-)