Thursday, June 26, 2008

Carolyn's Birthday

Carolyn's birthday was in May, before I started my blog, but I was looking through my pictures recently and decided to post some of them from the past few months.

We were luck enough to have my wonderful Grandparents from San Diego with us for several days over Carolyn's birthday.

At her party, the kids played pin the nose on the clown.

Blowing out the candles

For some reason, Carolyn really wanted to smash her face into her cake. Since it was her birthday, we let her do it.

Her favorite color is "the rainbow", and she was turning six, so you can imagine how thrilled she was to see this pinata at the party supply store when we were out shopping in preparation for her party. I was equally thrilled when I saw the price tag (it was one of the cheapest ones there!).

All the kids had a turn, girls first, then boys, smallest to biggest. The very last boy destroyed it and sent candy spilling everywhere.

At the end of her party, Carolyn brought out her snake, Houdini, to show all her friends. They enjoyed watching her slither around.
I can't believe how grown-up Carolyn has gotten and that she is going to be a big first-grader now.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am so sad Ammon didn't get to be there for this!