(And I am constantly conflicted as I sort through their masterpieces and try to decide which to keep and which to throw away.... I feel like such a bad mommy each time I toss something - not to mention the fact that I have to be ultra stealthy about it because their little hearts break into a thousand pieces if they find their art in the garbage. But I digress....)
It is commonplace for the girls to proudly present to me their works of art. Kylie recently brought me a "present" (a folded up piece of paper) and told me to open it.
Drawn inside was a green stick person (bearing a striking resemblance to Mike Wizowski from Monster's Inc.) which Kylie informed me was a picture of her. I oooh'd and ahhhh'd appropriately, but then she plucked it back from my hands and told me she forgot something.
She got out a yellow crayon and quickly added to her picture, then handed it back. There was now a vertical yellow line in between the legs of the stick person.
Kylie said, "It's a picture of me going potty."
Oh. Very, um... interesting....

8 comments:
LOL. Kids just have no inhibitions at all. Except that Kylie does!!! This would be funny coming from Carolyn, but the fact that this is Kylie makes it an absolute riot! That picture is definitely a keeper - you will be able to black mail her good as she gets older!
Katy, I am happy you saw my blog. I bookmarked you and will stay up to date. Your family is super cute and I love your witty posts. Take care, Amanda
Katy I am loving all of your stories! Sorry I have not commented yet, with google reader I become lazy and just check the blogs without commenting. I miss you!! Can you move back to Pilgrims Landing please? Okay I guess a blog is the next step and I atleast can keep a little bit more updated with what is going on with the Hansens. I love blogs. My husband thinks I am addicted(which I am) but I love it! Keep those posts coming, they are hilarious! Kids are obsessed with bodily functions, why is that?
Heather, I think I am equally addicted, and I am checking yours out regularly, too! I miss you guys like crazy. But, yes, the blogs are at least some sort of connection - a way to stay in the loop.
That picture and the explanation made me laugh out loud! I keep thinking I need to scan the kids' artwork on a regular basis - I much more efficient way to store it!
I found your blog through Adhis and was so excited! Hope all is well with you guys - it looks like you're doing great!!!
HAHAHA! That is THE BEST! I can't believe Kylie is getting that old. I wish Carma would start thinking of going potty on the toilet. Maybe I will have her draw a picture:)
I LOVE it! I totally agree about finding which ones to keep and toss, and being SO careful about not letting them see them in the trash. Just tragic when they find it... I have lied more than a few time "OH, how did that get in there?"
katy- i am so glad you found my blog...i love reading everyones blog. your kids are just darling!! and that self portrait of your daughter is hilarious!! i laughed out loud :) keep in touch!
Too funny!
Post a Comment