Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crazy 8s

Crazy 8s

My 8 favorite TV shows
1. Dancing With the Stars
2. American Idol
3. The Next Food Network Star
4. The Tonight Show
5. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
6. AFV
7. Ellen
8. LOST

My 8 favorite restaurants
(in no particular order)
1. Chili's / Applebees
2. Red Robin
3. Lonestar / Texas Roadhouse
4. Fortune Cookie
5. Sweet Tomatoes
6. Mimi's Cafe
7. Zuppas
8. Olive Garden
* Two that I have NEVER been to but am DYING to try are Goodwood and Tepanyaki. I have a feeling they would be among my faves.

8 things that happened to me yesterday
1. For the first time, my 1st grader got 100% on her spelling test! (She almost had the bonus word, too, but missed it by one letter.)
2. Some of the carpet was installed at the new house.
3. vacuumed all the new carpet
4. had to unclog the vacuum when all the carpet clogged it up
5. Someone called to schedule a showing for our current home, which they are potentially interested in renting.
6. read a lot of my book (currently The Looking Glass by Richard Paul Evans)
7. finally tried one of those Arby's pepperjack melts (okay, so I tried two.... all that vacuuming worked up an appetite.)
8. primary program practice

8 things I look forward to
1. moving into the new house
2. Thanksgiving
3. Christmas
4. getting my hands on Richard Paul Evans' newest book, Grace
5. expanding my family
6. clearing up this ridiculous bout of acne (I'm twenty-nine years old! What is this?!)
7. seeing Wicked
8. having all of lifes current stresses in the rear view mirror

8 things on my wish list
1. buyers/renters for our houses
2. to be all moved and settled in at the new house
3. a family vacation
4. a real date with my husband (It's been too long.)
5. Prop 8 opponents to cool it and accept that the people have spoken
6. the economy to bounce back
7. the housing market to recover
8. Wicked tickets (still haven't bought them)

8 people I tag
Anyone who hasn't done this one yet. :-)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I volunteer to babysit in hopes of helping you accomplish your wish of having a real date with your husband.

Emily said...

Sounds like we have some favorites in common.. I just went to Goodwood a couple weekends ago-- it WAS really good! I had this yummy chicken sandwich, but can't remember the name of it, dang it!! Have a great day! And good luck on that wish list.. :)

Our family said...

Wow! Thank you for commenting! I will have to try and catch up and see what you've been up to these last years! I can't believe how big and old your girls are! I think you were pregnant with no. 2 when I was around... CRAZY! =)

The Farrell Family said...

hey katy...its sure been a while. caroline informed me you left a message and she "investigated" who you were. you've got a great looking family, glad to see it. send me an email so we can catch-up: joshua.farrell@norfolk.gov

michele said...

How are you? I was glad to see you commented on my blog. I wish you luck with the housing market I know how stressful it was for us with our speck home across the street from you. I put you on my list of blogs so I will be visiting again soon. :)