Jeremiah's been working extra long hours at work and I have been feeling sick all week. Of course THIS would be the week I'd get sick and he'd have to work overtime. THE week we've been preparing for and anticipating for, oh... let's say A YEAR!
We had our (first of several) final inspection last weekend. There were quite a few items that weren't ready to pass, as is to be expected - we've been told you never pass final inspection the first time around. So we planned to work on those items through the week and pass them off today.
Needless to say, when you have three kids and you are sick and your husband is working until midnight, you don't find it possible to get those things taken care of like you wish you could.
Thanks to my little sister, who came to my home to keep an eye on my children last night, Jeremiah and I were able to work at the house into the wee hours of the morning. We got a lot done and planned to finish it up this morning.
However, this morning I could hardly stand and had to literally lay on the sidewalk several times as I was out front sweeping sidewalks and clearing gutters (an inspection item).
In the end, we did not get quite everything done before the inspector showed up, but we are thisclose. We'll have to try again Monday.
Meanwhile, we plan to move everything over between now and then, so our home life will be very primitive for the next few days until we move in and rejoin our belongings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Sad, Katy! Let us know if we can do anything to help you.
I'm sorry it didn't pass today. I wish I would have known to come help sooner. Let me know what I can do. I can especially help with your kids since I already have mine to keep an eye on. If there is stuff I can do with Ammon and Peter in tow I will do that too. Hope you feel better soon!
I am sorry the past week was so hard, that stinks! When it rains it pours. How exciting for you guys moving into your new house. Were you able to sell the other homes?
Hey, Michele, I love when you leave comments on my blog! It's so fun to hear from you. :-)
Yes, we did sell one (to my brothers of all people), and the other one we are leasing to a family who intends to purchase it in a year or so. So it looks like things are going to work out alright, thank heavens.
hope you feel better and I hope you get all the stuff for your house done. I LOVE your header.
cute design and awsome picture!
Oh, I'm sorry things didn't go quite as expected, but you are so close! That has got to be exciting! Good luck with everything!!
Katy, I'm so glad it worked out! Jenny told us the crazy stuff that was going on. Sorry it was such a crazy week for you. I hope you just love your new house. I'll have to drop by and see it sometime if that's all right. :)
I am so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling good. Good luck with your house. I hope you are feeling better quickly.
Post a Comment