
I was tagged by my sister, Jenny. Unfortunately, I am so amazingly normal in every way that I am finding it difficult to participate in this particular tag. ;-)
Do people really find themselves to be quirky? It's always seemed to me that we use ourselves as the baseline of normal, and therefore have no quirks in our own mind's eye.
Okay, fine! While I find none of the following to be odd, I will take a moment to reflect upon some areas where others of you may be under- or overzealous, which may have the effect of somehow making me come across as a bit "weird".
1. I am obsessive about proper spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc. It is difficult for me to read anything with such errors. When I was in middle school, I would have to proofread and correct the notes my friends gave me. Then, and only then, could I enjoy them.

2. It is very important for my eyebrows to be combed. One of the first things I do upon waking (right after brushing teeth and inserting contacts) is to comb my eyebrows. I comb them several times a day, usually. I am not overly concerned with the tweezing and waxing forms of eyebrow grooming (it gets done only on occasion), but the combing must never be left undone! Jeremiah loves to torture me by rubbing my eyebrows in the wrong direction, then restraining my arms as I desperately try to push them back the right way!
3. When I eat colored candies such as Skittles or M&Ms... Lifesavers, Starbursts... Gummy Bears or Worms - okay, anything with varied colors -I need to eat equal amounts of each color, in order of the rainbow. I count and sort them into piles before I can begin eating. Eating candy in the dark is not a comfortable thought for me.

4. When I got married at 18 I did not know anyone younger than me who was married. I felt very young compared to any married person. I guess it gave me some sort of complex, because I still feel this way - though I just turned 29 last week. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am as old as or older than (often by a large margin) other wives and mothers I know.
5. I can't function in a messy kitchen. I could be starving but would be unable to make myself anything to eat without first cleaning the kitchen. When I cook, I always clean as I go.
6. I do not have a very active sweet tooth. I can take sweets only in small doses (well, except for when I eat an entire row of Oreos in one sitting....). I would generally MUCH prefer a good, hearty meal over a dessert. When I do have something sugary, I need to follow up with something non-sugary to "neutralize" it (or just because I am a pig - one or the other).
7. I can't sleep in an unmade bed. All my life I have been very diligent about making my bed, but it usually just before I get in it to go to sleep. The sheets have to be tucked in at the bottom and hang over the side at precisely the right length. It is not uncommon for me to wake and get out of bed in the middle of the night to adjust the sheets or blankets, which often become disheveled due to my husband's less civilized manner of sleeping.

I tag: Christa, Julie, Lisa, Danielle, Heather, KelliAnn, Callie

4 comments:
Wow. You are way more weird that I am!
I am laughing SOOO Hard at some of your quirks and that you didn't think you had any. Mostly b/c I am thinking the same thing about myself.. I don't ave any cool quirks. hahaha, I am still laughing so hard about the skittles, I just love it. I am also nervous b/c I am the WORST with spelling, punctuation, etc. don't judge me:)
No, I don't judge people for that, it's never anything personal! I am sure MINE is far from perfect, anyway! :-)
Ok, I take up your challenge, but I am the most normal person that I know -- whatever!! It might take me a couple of days, we just got back into town today.
Post a Comment