We started out the day by attending a baby blessing for some dear friends of ours. After the blessing they had a brunch at their house. Between the special occasion, good food, and wonderful company, it was a very enjoyable way to spend the morning.
I had planned all along to go on a family bike ride for my birthday, but it was such a cold day that I didn't think that would be a very enjoyable experience after all. Bummer.
But we did have a really nice family day relaxing at home. I do remember curling up with my book for a little while, and I think I even took a nap.
I chatted on the phone for a while with my mom, who called me from Hawaii where she and my dad are spending five weeks. Last year she called to wish me a happy birthday from San Diego. I think I am noticing a trend...
My brother Joey's birthday is three days after mine, so we invited him and his little family over to celebrate with us.Jeremiah made a fabulous lasagna dinner with excellent cheese bread and corn on the side. My sister-in-law, Krista, brought a salad with her homemade Creamy Pesto dressing (a la Spaghetti Factory). It was a delicious meal! I am salivating just thinking about it!
Then there was the dessert(s). When Jeremiah asked for my cake request, I gave him my top three choices. He went with a German chocolate cake and even made homemade coconut pecan frosting to go on it - yum! In addition, my brother and sister-in-law brought a giant pizza-sized chocolate chip cookie for me, which Krista made and Joey decorated.We bought a brand new dining set right before my birthday, which I considered my gift (and then some). However, Jeremiah and the kids still spoiled me with lots of my favorite treats.
Overall, turning 29 was great!

1 comment:
That was a fun night. And a successful birthday! :-)
Post a Comment