For as long as I can remember, even before turning 14 (the minimum age for attendees), I have looked forward each summer to BYU Education Week.
Even when I was too young to attend myself, I enjoyed it because it generally meant seeing my cousins who made the trip from San Diego to Provo to spend the week on campus for Ed Week. Party!
Since I've been old enough to go, I have rarely missed a year. Sometime years I attended only in the evenings, or (like this year) just one full day, but it is such a wonderful experience every time! There are always so many classes that I wish I could attend, and I have such a tough choice deciding which one to attend each hour!
The first year I went (as a registered attendee), I remember the first morning wandering around campus with my sister and a few friends looking for a particular building on the south end of campus. We got completely lost and wound up at some obscure building that was surely beyond the edge of campus. I don't think we made it to a class that hour.
The next year, I spent the week flanked by two hotties (my favorite cousin, Scotty, and one of his best friends - who was later my first date). Scott even "proposed" to me, down on one knee amid the hustle and bustle on a campus sidewalk, in a (successful) effort to mortify me. :-)
One year my grandma came for the week and was my very own roommate in the dorms, which was a special treat!
I have great memories from last year of chatting with my uncle as we stood in line for classes and as we sat waiting for the class to begin. My uncle, like my son, was adopted, so we have discussed adoption at length on several occasions. It is always nice to get his insight, and I am grateful for him sharing it with me.
Since our anniversary is the week before, I always dream of Jeremiah and I celebrating by attending the full week of Education Week together. However, having young children doesn't make that option very feasible (yet!). But Jeremiah is always so great to let me sneak away during the week as much as his/our schedule will allow for.
My parents, as usual, are there this week, along with several of my aunts. I look forward to getting up nice and early tomorrow morning and joining them as I immerse myself for a day in the Education Week experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope you had a blast!
so what classes did you go to?
Post a Comment