Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tarah's Wedding

Last month we had the pleasure of attending the wedding of Isaiah's birth mother, Tarah, and her awesome new husband, Michael.

We arrived shortly before the ceremony was to begin, and one of Tarah's friends asked us to follow her to where Tarah was getting ready. We went inside for a few moments of visiting, then it was time for her big moment!



Tarah's darling son, Austin, walked her down the aisle. He was so cute in his little tux!






Tarah and Michael are such a beautiful couple!










The boys gave each other lots of big hugs!






I just love that they love each other so much!

The wedding and subsequent dinner were so festive and fun! Michael is from Hawaii, and there was a definite Hawaiian flavor to the evening. They even had a few friends perform some live Hawaiian music - so pretty.

I enjoyed visiting with Tarah's mom, and grandmother - two very awesome women - as well as her dad. It was also neat to see and chat a bit with some of her sisters and sisters-in-law. They are a great family!

We adore Tarah and truly enjoyed being there for this occasion.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

She looked so pretty! How fun to see Isaiah and Austin together.

Englishfam said...

I think it is so awesome that you stay in touch with the birth mom and are so supportive. Way to go! She looked beautiful. I love Hawaiian themed things. SO pretty!

Michelle said...

What a great day to share with her! Yes, Tarah's so beautiful!

Adhis said...

Isaiah is going to be grateful to you and his birthmom for the open relationship you guys share. :)

Krista said...

I loved the picture of Isaiah hugging Austin. He is such a little sweetheart. Tarah looked so happy, I am glad she found someone else.

Kikibug said...

You are so amazing and I LOVE that you keep in touch with her. What a blessing for all involved. She is a beautiful bride! I LOVE Hawaiian Flare..

KelliAnn Christensen said...

She looks so beautiful! You are an amazing person, Katy. I am so glad you got to be there with her.

Katy said...

Thank you for the kind words, everybody. I agree that Tarah looked beautiful and that it is wonderful she is able and willing, as are we, to have an open and healthy relationship.

I've been given a lot of undue (though very kind) compliments here. I feel like a child who is the recipient of the most wonderful and amazing gift on Christmas morning who is then praised for simply remembering to say "thank you".