Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy birthday, Isaiah!

Isaiah was brought into our lives through a whirlwind of emotions and events two years ago. We are so blessed to be his parents and for our daughters to have him as their brother. We all adore him so!

Though he was not due until February 12th, we knew he'd likely be early. However, I was not prepared for the call I received from his birth mother on the morning of January 24, 2007 letting me know the baby was coming that day!

This was wonderful and exciting news, though a little concerning. Since this adoption opportunity had transpired so suddenly, we were still in the midst of much paperwork with the agency and there was some concern as to whether or not we'd get to take him home if he came early. Thankfully everyone we worked with was wonderful and we were able to complete the process in record time (literally - they told us at the agency it was the fastest one they'd ever done).

I called Jeremiah at work and told him we needed to get on our way to Cedar City to see the birth of our son! We worried we wouldn't make it in time to see him enter the world, but we did make it there with an hour or so to spare. I was even given the awesome job of cutting the cord when he was born!







(I could go on and on with the pictures, but I don't have access to all my photo history at the moment, anyway, so I will stop here for now....)

We are forever grateful to Tarah for allowing us to welcome Isaiah into our family through the awesome process of adoption. She is so special to us.

Isaiah has added immense joy to our lives over the course of the past two years. I can't believe my little guy is such a big boy now who can do so many things. He makes me laugh each and every day. I love being his mom.

12 comments:

Kat said...

That is such a great story. He is a doll. Congrats on having him as a part of your family.

Will's Blog said...

Wow, I can't believe he is already two! Even though I have heard it before, what a sweet, sweet story. Happy birthday, Isaiah!

Jenny said...

Oh this post makes me cry! Isaiah is such an amazing little boy and it has been so fun to watch him grow. He seems like such a natural part of our family that it sometimes catches me off guard to recall the unique way he came to you and to us. It is so fun to see him growing up!

michele said...

You guys are a beautiful family. What a great post. I loved reading about the journey you took to get Isaiah. Thanks for sharing.

Juliana P. Winkler said...

Oooohh!!! That beautiful history! I knew he was adopted but sometimes I forget it! You are a beautiful family and Isaiah is a blessing of God! Happy Birthday Isaiah! He is sooooo beautifulll!!!

chelon:) said...

what a great blessing he must be! he is so darn cute! happy birthday isaiah :)

Adhis said...

OK, the sealing photos are what over-moistened my eyes. I tend to take my sealing for granted, and these photos reminded me how necessary and wonderful the sealing ordinance is.

I remember a month or so before Isaiah was revealed to you, and you guys were wondering what would happen in your lives as far as adoption went. And not too much longer after that, TAH-DAH! Another miracle. :)

Englishfam said...

Seriously seeing those sealing pictures made me tear up too. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of it. I just think the whole way that Isaiah was brought to you was truly a miracle. You have such a sweet little family and I think he is so lucky to have parents like you guys! I miss you Katy!! :)

Cambu said...

I cannot believe it has already been two years! That time has flown by... I'm certainly glad that he has become part of your family as well. :)

Sheree said...

Katy, Your story is just amazing to me! I love hearing it over and over.

He is absolutely beautiful, and I loved the pictures of the girls taking care of him. He is so loved.

Jackie said...

2 years already! I love those pictures. My favorite pictures of Jordan are him being held by his brothers for the first time. Soooo sweet! Congratulations!

JAnderegg said...

You are inspiring! Thanks for the post and beautiful pictures. Someday, it will be our turn!